NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING UTAH), 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO A Hotel Life. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL ONLY BE USED IN THE EVENT YOU ARE SELECTED AS A WINNER.
ODDS OF INCLUSION WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND UPON SUBMISSION OF ANY IMAGE YOU ARE CONSENTING TO A Hotel Life and Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. USING THE IMAGE IN ANY FORM AND IN ANY MEDIA AT ANY TIME AND YOU THEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SUCH IMAGE.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The KrugHotelLife Contest (the “Contest”) BEGINS AT 10:00 A.M. EST on May 23, 2013 AND ENDS AT 12:00 A.M. EST on June 30, 2013 (the “Submission Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (NOT including residents of Utah, Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and overseas Military Installations), age twenty-one (21) or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, parents, siblings or children) of A Hotel Life (“Sponsor”) and Krug Champagne, Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. (“Cosponsor”), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, wholesalers, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. All Participants (as defined below) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the selection committee and the Sponsor shall be final and binding. All Participants must release Sponsor, Cosponsor, Twitter, and their respective parent and affiliated companies and all other businesses involved in this Contest (“Released Parties”), as well as the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns of each, from all claims, liability, law suits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages relating to their participation in Contest. Participants (a) assume all liability for any injury or damage, including death caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or any Contest related activities, including any travel related thereto; and (b) except where legally prohibited, Winners grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and Cosponsor to use his/her name, photographs, voice and/or likeness and Prize (as defined below) information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notice or review or approval. Void where prohibited or restricted. Participation is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: INTERNET ACCESS TO TWITTER ACCOUNT NECESSARY TO SUBMIT. The Contest can only be accessed online. To participate in the Contest, each Contest participant (“Participant”) must post a Tweet that represents their travel mantra using the hashtag #KrugHotelLife (each, a “Submission”). This must be done during the Submission Period and Participants must follow the Submission instructions which include, but are not limited to, Participant logging into Participant’s account(s), and becoming a follower (Twitter) of @KrugChampagneUS.
All Submissions through Twitter with the #KrugHotelLife hashtag will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Contest. Should a dispute arise regarding the identity of the Participant, the authorized account subscriber of said Twitter account at the time of Submission will be considered the Participant. “Authorized account subscriber” as it relates to Twitter is defined as the natural person who is assigned the account by Twitter. Potential Participants may be required to show proof of being the authorized Twitter account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or misdirected Submissions.
4. WINNING SUBMISSION SELECTION: One (1) winning Submission submitted by a Participant (upon verification by Sponsor, the “Winner”) will be selected by Sponsor on or about July 15, 2013 from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor’s selection committee, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The Winner will be selected from all eligible Submissions received during the Submission Period. Odds of selection depend on the number of eligible Submissions received during the Submission Period. All Submissions are subject to review and approval by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding. No compensation will be paid for any Submission or otherwise.
By entering a Submission, the Participant (a) represents that Participant owns all rights in the Submission; and (b) irrevocably grants Sponsor and Cosponsor the right and permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the text and/or image as well as Participant’s name, likeness and biographical information in any media throughout the world in perpetuity for purposes of advertising, online posting, promotion and publicity in connection with the Contest without compensation. All Participants acknowledge that their Submission(s) may be subject to inclusion in a slideshow posted on the Sponsor’s website, at the discretion of the Sponsor and Cosponsor. Selected Participants will not be notified of their selection prior to the release of the slideshow on or about July 15, 2013. By utilizing the #KrugHotelLife hashtag, Participants are agreeing to (a) have their Submission included in a slideshow, if selected by Sponsor, and (b) to these Official Rules.
As a condition of the Contest, the Winner will be requested to post text and/or images of their travel mantra on Twitter for use by Sponsor and Cosponsor at their sole discretion. Sponsor and Cosponsor retain the right to use all text and/or images posted to Winner’s Twitter account relating to any aspect of the Prize (as defined below), without compensation.
5. Contest Prize: One (1) Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to a special US destination from a list of options provided by Sponsor. Trip consists of: two (2) round-trip coach class air transportation tickets from a major airport near winners residence (selected by Sponsor) to a pre-selected destination hotel in Miami, Los Angeles, New York or Palm Springs (Winner will have the opportunity to select the destination subject to approval of Sponsor); two (2) nights double-occupancy hotel stay at the selected destination; one (1) round-trip car transport between airport and hotel and one (1) dinner for two at restaurant and on date chosen by the Sponsor (collectively, the “Prize”). Alcohol is not part of the Prize. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no guest or forego any portion of the prize, the remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
6. Taxes (including, but not limited to, sales taxes and income taxes), are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Winner must be able to travel to one of the selected destinations between June, 2013 to September, 2013. If Winner fails to comply with these delivery conditions, Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. All expenses not expressly specified herein are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prize is $3,000. Winner and their guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Transportation and meals (other than listed above), gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely Winner’s responsibility. Actual value of Prize may vary depending on city/day/time of departure, as such; any difference in Prize and ARV listed herein will not be credited to Winner under any circumstances. Sponsor to provide, execute and handle Prize logistics. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer Prize or redeem Prize, or any portion of Prize, for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize with a prize of equal or greater value if Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by Twitter Direct Message from @KrugChampagneUS posted on the winning Submission within 1 week of determination of the Winner. Winner will be required to respond to any such Cosponsor notification in the manner requested by Cosponsor in order to acknowledge receipt of notification and move forward with awarding of Prize. If Winner does not respond to Cosponsor within 24 hours of comment posting, the Winner will become ineligible and an alternate Winner will be chosen. The Winner will be required to provide a valid email address.
10. GENERAL: Sponsor and Cosponsor reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest, Twitter or any Website associated herewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of the Contest and processing of Submissions in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Participants, fraud, technical failure, or any other causes, in the Sponsor or Cosponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor and Cosponsor reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Sponsor and Cosponsor reserves the right to disqualify Participants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner and terminate such Participant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by a Participant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Submission site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor and Cosponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, Participants agree to (a) comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (b) release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Released Parties and Twitter from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, death, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Contest or from participating in any Contest-related activity.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant error or by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Submissions; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected or stolen mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
12. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: In the event Sponsor or Cosponsor are prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond their control, including, but not limited to: fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Sponsor and Cosponsor additionally reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion: to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest. If a cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Submission site.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) Participant waives all right to trial by jury. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant, Sponsor and Cosponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
14. SPONSOR: A Hotel Life, 500 Driggs Avenue, Suite 404, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
COSPONSOR: Moët Hennessy USA, Inc., 85 Tenth Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10011.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Participants are providing information to A Hotel Life and not to Twitter.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF SELECTION. ODDS OF SELECTION WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED. MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER TO ENTER.
Contest open only to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Utah). Begins: at 10:00 A.M. EST on May 23, 2013 AND ENDS AT 12:00 A.M. EST on June 30, 2013. Winner will be notified on or about July 15, 2013. The selected slideshow Participants will not be notified of their inclusion. Slideshow will be released on the AHotelLife.com website on or about July 15, 2013.
For Official Rules visit AHotelLife.com.
For the name of the winner, or to submit any other questions or comments relating to the contest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.